PWC HEADHUNTING SYSTEM
PwC is a leading global Audit and Assurance, Consulting and Tax Services company.
One of their main services is Executive Search, which is the process of recruiting individuals to fill executive positions in organisations.
They needed a system that centralized all the data, managed the processes and optimized their times.
The Human Talent Consultant team had worked for years at recuiting high profile professionals for big companies using only Microsoft Excel documents and storing all the information in their individual computers. They felt the data each consultant gathered through every recruitment process was being lost and neded a system that not only stored it and gave access to all the team, but also serve as a dashboard where Senior Consultants can manage and overview their processes.
As the lead UX designer, I studied PwC methodologies for Human Talent Recruitment and planned a design strategy with the clients goals on mind but focused on the end user and their expectations.
USER-CENTERED interaction design
The first step in the process was to understand the way consultants worked within PwC Recruitment services, they would be the end users of the system and its success depended compeltely in making it the perfect tool for their everyday work. The goals I stablished were:
- Every single bit of information will be stored in the system
- The consultants will have access to the past data to improve their recruiting process
- The senior consultants will have the power to overview, control and intervene in ongoing processes to ensure the highest quality
- The clients will have an access to preview the progress of the hired recruitment service
- The information about candidates will be updated frequently
- The system will allow the users to find suitable candidates that had been involved in past processes
- The quality of the service will improve dramatically as well as the perception of PwC from the side of the client
- Time optimization will be measured
- The user interface will be intuitive, functional and will serve to facilitate the work of the consultants
WIREFRAMING & Lo-FI Prototyping
The different prototypes throughout the design process helped me to identify the best variations of forms and data entry modules that would adapt to the consultants workflow and ways of resolving issues. Each consultant had their own way to gather and manage information, this is why the system was planned to be as flexible as possible to allow them to use it the way they wanted. This was explored, tested and fine tuned on wireframe level, to avoid any usability problems in the next stages.
- Paper prototyping
- Digital wireframe using Balsamiq
- The Krug Method user testing
- Semi-structured interviews
UI DESIGN & Development
Once the consultants (end-users) were happy with the lo-fi prototype, the UI design team created beautiful but functional interfaces following PwC´s brand manual which was later programmed by the IT & development team. The result was an elegant, proffesional looking system that the consultants loved because it made their work easier, faster and more effective. The overwhelmingly positive impact the system has had within PwC´s Recruitment Team made it be considered by other PwC offices in Latin America to become a regional tool.